Thursday, July 1, 2010

And so it began...

I have resisted creating a blog for a long time, for several reasons. First, I think blogs are time consuming...to read, AND to write. Secondly, I figured that I didn't have anything interesting to blog about, and lastly, because I assumed that NO ONE would ever read my musings. But alas, a friend got into blogging, and I've found myself addicted to following her blog, as well as many other blogs that she's linked to her page. (Of which, she will hopefully inform me how I can in turn link them to MY page). And oddly enough, the majority of blogs that I have come across and enjoy are just ordinary people writing about every day, mundane life experiences. Sure, there are the cooking blogs, and the "homey" blogs that I enjoy...but these are also always written by normal folk.

So why couldn't I start a blog that was just about ordinary things?

Then of course one must consider the purpose for blogging...self-reflection, to inform others, entertainment, keeping family and friends in the loop, etc., etc. I don't think I have a purpose. At least not yet. As this venture into the blogging world unfolds, I'm hoping that the purpose is discovered, and that whatever it is, it's worthwhile.

I decided on the title of blessings, projects, and life. Blessings because all around me every day are blessings. Even now as I write, sitting at my dining room table, the breeze blowing through the windows and birds chirping off in the distance, I'm surrounded by blessings.. My house, the furniture inside it, my dog laying on the coach, and a soon-to-arrive-back-from-work hubby who loves me, and would practically do anything for me Projects because if you know me & my husband Aaron, you know that we are ALWAYS working on some sort of house project. We bought our first home a little over a year ago, with the intent of it being our "lifer" that we can change, and update to suit our taste and liking. We are having so much fun in the process, and it is my hope that I am able to document some of the many projects and hours of labor that have gone into this place. And life because, well more often than not, I'll probably just blog about life. What's happening, what's not, my job, my friends, the every day occurrences. And I didn't know what else to call all that, other than: l-i-f-e.

So, that should some it up for post #1. I'm just a girl (ugh, ok, woman) hoping to make a little place for myself in cyber space, and hoping that someone out there wants to read.

Smiles! :)

1 comment:

  1. Let me be the first to comment! WOO to the HOO for another friend blogging! That means I have one more to check on throughout the day. Multiple times. Ha! :)

    Love ya, Rach! We'll have a little blogging partay soon to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete